Taking just 15 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to bake, these colourful Wholemeal Vegetable and Pumpkin Seed Muffins from Australian Eggs provide you with a good amount of your daily nutritional requirements including: 33% of the RDI* for folate, 24% of the RDI* for protein and 23% of the RDI* for fibre.
Wholemeal Vegetable and Pumpkin Seed Muffins
Makes: 6 large muffins (2 per serve)
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
½ cup pumpkin, roughly chopped in 1cm dices
½ cup zucchini, roughly chopped in 1cm dices
½ cup spring onions, sliced
1 large handful baby spinach leaves
1 cup skim milk
A pinch pepper to taste
2 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place pumpkin into a microwave-safe bowl, cover with water and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Drain and add zucchini, spring onions and spinach.
- Lightly beat eggs and milk, pour over the vegetables and season.
- Sift flour and baking powder over the top and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into baking paper lined, non-stick muffin trays, sprinkling with pumpkin seeds, and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
You can also crumble low fat fetta and chopped sundried tomatoes into the mix.
Low-fat cream cheese.
*Recommended dietary intake.