AT SOME POINT, we’ve all been there. Maybe you’ve been in a love-hate relationship with your knees. Maybe you wanted to run, but your schedule had other ideas. Maybe you’ve traded your long runs for a little bundle of joy.
No matter what it was that kept you from running, getting back to where you were is hard work. But now that you’re healthy and you’ve made the time, don’t let a lack of motivation be the reason you stay away.
We can’t promise that it’ll be easy. So start small, dust off your favourite runners, and stock up on some music that reminds you why you got out there in the first place. And then, when you’re ready, get back out there and give ’em hell—it’s time for your comeback.
16 Songs In Your Comeback Soundtrack
1. “Back in Black” by AC/DC
Forget the hearse, cause I’ll never die.
2. “On Top of the World” by Imagine Dragons
Been waiting for this for a while now, paying my dues to the dirt.
3. “Hope” by Shaggy
Just never give up.
4. “The Fighter” by Gym Class Heroes
Give ‘em hell, turn their heads.
5. “I Can” by Steven Cooper
When you fall, stand up. When you break, stand tough.
6. “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
I’m not gonna give up, I’m gonna work harder.
7. “Jump Rope” by Blue October
Remember, life’s like a jump rope.
8. “Flesh and Bone” by The Killers
What are you afraid of, and what are you made of?
9. “Don’t Give Up” by Kevin Rudolf
So don’t give up, don’t look down, cause your time is gonna come around.
10. “Better Now” by Collective Soul
Let the word out, I’ve got to get out.
11. “Hall of Fame” by The Script featuring will.i.am
You can move a mountain, you can break rocks.
12. “Stand” by Rascal Flatts
Cause when push comes to shove, you taste what you’re made of.
13. “Ready to Go” by Republica
From the rooftop, shout it out.
14. “Stronger” by Britney Spears
Here I go, on my own.
15. “You’re the Best” by Joe Esposito
A little bit of all you got can never bring you down.
16. “Mama Said Knock You Out” by LL Cool J
Don’t call it a comeback—I been here for years.
Down, but not out. Comment below to share your favourite comeback song!