QUICK, HIGH-CARB OPTIONS FOR RUNNERS.
Try these five tasty snacks to keep you fuelled and ready to run.
1. Mango smoothie with Greek yoghurt, almond milk, and mint leaves
One cup of mango matches the carbs in a medium banana. Greek yoghurt is a high-protein choice.
2. Trail mix with almonds, raisins, and gluten-free rice crackers
Raisins and rice crackers offer a quick hit of carbs, while the fat in almonds provides longer-lasting energy.
3. Whole-grain gluten-free tortilla chips and guacamole
Avocado is a good source of fibre and healthy fats. Tortilla chips are a crunchy and convenient high-carb snack.
4. Plain popcorn with sea salt and garlic powder
A few simple seasonings perk up this often-overlooked antioxidant-rich whole grain.
5. Gluten-free pancakes with almond butter and honey
The healthy fats in almond butter add long-lasting energy, while the honey provides quick-burning carbs.