The winning combination, created by Tanya Dickens of Bluff in central Queensland, brings together a unique mixture of classic Aussie flavours and textures, evoking childhood memories whilst tantilising tastebuds. “I believe my pancake is the best representation of our country because of its use of fresh local produce and an iconic biccie,” Dickens says.
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1½ cups (375mL) skim milk
- 1 tbs low fat spread
- Vanilla ice cream
- 2 mangoes, sliced
- 1 packet of Anzac biscuits
- Honey to taste
- Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk together the milk and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, whisking constantly until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over low heat and melt a little low fat spread.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mixture, spread quickly to form a circle. Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, sliced mango and crumbled Anzac biscuits.
- Add a drizzle of honey to taste.
Make your own Anzac biscuits to crumble over the pancakes.