3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
2 ½ cups buttermilk
3 cups kale
2 tablespoons grated ginger
1 ½ cups broccoli
1 cup celery
1. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar in large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk and eggs until smooth, then add to dry items.
3. Roughly chop kale, broccoli and celery; grate ginger.
4. In separate bowl, toss small portion of vegetables with ½ cup of batter and mix until well coated; season with salt.
5. Pour into cast-iron or nonstick pan and cook on medium heat for about three minutes or until golden brown on each side.
6. Top with rocket and sunflower seeds, optional two poached eggs.
7. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Makes 8 pancakes.